Adjusting to the New Family Dynamics

We have been busy adjusting to our new family and recovering from the whole birth experience. Mom has been coming to our house bright-and-early every weekday morning and not leaving until supper is on the table. She has been so wonderful! I am so thankful that she took the time off to help us - I really don't know what I would have done! This is her last week with us and I get a little panicky thinking about doing it on my own before I'm completely recovered...this whole blood-loss thing has got me just plain exhausted. I will definitely have to lower our housekeeping standards for a while:-)



Last weekend, we did some Christmas caroling with friends. We were pulled on a horse-drawn sleigh around town. It was great fun! Here are some pictures - you'll have to excuse the attire - it was freakin' cold! And I had to wear Dwayne's snowmobile jacket, as it was the only one I could fit Zane under.




2 comments:

Renae said...

I have been wondering how you've been doing. I have a friend in San Antonio (TX) who had a c-section last week with lots of blood loss - I'm sorry to hear you're having a difficult time recovering.

Blessings to you and your growing family this holiday season.

Renae

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby. I have been moving so I haven't been reading blogs. How fun!