Zane Braden is Here!


Our 3rd little boy has arrived. Zane was born last Friday, the 23rd of November. He weighed 6lbs 6oz and was a whopping 21 1/2" long. We had him by c-section (which I don't recommend). He was in the neonatal intensive care unit at first, as he had a partially collapsed lung and some fluid on his lungs. That has cleared up and he is very healthy and gaining weight really well. Thanks to God!

For those of you who don't remember, I had placenta previa, which can cause some complications. When they cut for the c-section, they cut the placenta. It caused alot of bleeding. They considered a blood transfusion, even the next day, because I had lost so much blood but decided against it. I was happy with that but am not looking forward to the long recovery that blood loss requires. I really want to thank everyone for their prayers - things went as well as they could have, given the circumstances.

Here are some pictures for everyone to enjoy...


This was the last day I was pregnant.





It was a little scary seeing Zane hooked up to all the monitors!

So happy to have you here...happy & healthy!

Snuggling with mama.

First bath...not too happy about it!

Proud Daddy!

Proud big brother, Dylan!

Mama is t-i-r-e-d! But happy to see her other boys!

Granny and her grandbabies!

My dear friend, Renee, drove 4 hours to come see us. She showed up at my hospital room door with a mischievious grin, a bouquet of flowers and a large gift-bag full of baby clothes. What a treat!

Proud big brother, Kobe!

My 3 boys.

My 4 boys.

Still pretty tired-looking, but oh so glad to be home!

9 comments:

Tarasview said...

Congratulations- Zane is beautiful! I hope you have a very speedy recovery!

Blended in Texas said...

Thanks so much (for the pictures...)! He is absolutely gorgeous! Glad he is doing well now! Congrats, congrats, congrats! =)

Mom2BnB said...

Congratulations to you all. He is adorable! Love the name as well. Hope you're all doing well! Best wishes for a quick recovery for you!
Bradi

Anonymous said...

Oh Amy !! He is so precious!!
And such a beautiful name too...
We both wish you all the very best and hope to see you fully recovered soon. We are so very happy for all of you. Home safe and sound.Now you can all focus on the wonderful family you two have created and to the bright future you have ahead of you. Cheers to you both Amy & Dwayne. You've done a beautiful job!!! Best wishes

bigdodge said...

Amy! Congrats! Your new baby boy is beautiful! I had no idea of your complications - I am so happy that everyone is healthy and doing well! Take care! Terri

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

The pictures are great. Welcome to Zane. Thanks for phoning me from the hospital. I was quite anxious and was very thankful when I finally heard something. Glad you are home and enjoying your family. It must be such a relief to have your mom home for a while. Say hi for me. Talk to you soon.

Renae said...

Congratulations! I'll be praying for a speedy recovery, a fabulous sleeper, and active little boys who give Mom a break!

Blessings,
Renae

Halfmoon Girl said...

Yay!!! He is beautiful- glad he is growing strong and healthy. We had a preemie who had to spend time in the incubator- it is a tough time for mommies and daddies!
Congratulations!