Katy & The Big Snow Lapbook

I chose Five in a Row as part of Dylan's kindergarten curriculum. It was going well at first, but then both Dylan & I were getting bored of it. Then we discovered lapbooks! (I know, I'm a little slow sometimes). It has helped us to tie the unit study together and provides a great form of review.

For Katy and the Big Snow, I saw a sample that a friend did. I used most of her format (to get the hang of this whole lapbook thing). Here are some pictures of our finished product...



Front Cover




The middle - opened up
The backside opened up.



Vocabulary




Directions


'Personification' with Dylan's example of what personification is.


Skip-counting by 5's.


Dylan loves his lapbook! We are also done 'Clown of God'. I will have to post about it later, though. Got stuff to do!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing, you've really got your stuff together!! I wish your site was around when we tried to homeschool my son 10 years ago!
Good job!

Evie said...

Hi Amy! I'm glad I hopped over to your blog from the comment you left on mine. We are in a rut, and seeing the lapbooks is just what I needed. I am planning tonight on our fun week, and about to choose the book we'll row. Have a great week!