I'm Home!

Yesterday morning started normally and I was preparing for a busy day. I put chili in the slow-cooker for us and for a family that just had a baby and went to have a shower. After my shower, I felt really nauseous. A few minutes later, it hit me like a brick wall - puking, cramping & the whole bit. My neighbor - a dear friend - took the children while I spent the rest of the day trying to keep water down. Dwayne came home for supper and was only home for a few minutes when I started to bleed. (Dylan heard me tell Dwayne that I was bleeding and ran for the bandaids!) I phoned the hospital and they said to come in right away because of my placenta previa. My doctor came running in - literally - and got prepared to ambulance me to a larger hospital. The bleeding stopped but they kept me in the hospital overnight. A little scary...and now I'm on semi-bedrest. Walking is fine, but not much else. It sure is nice to be home, though.

3 comments:

Frantastic™ said...

Yikes woman! Take care care and get plenty of rest, for yourself and the baby!

Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself. Don't you even dare think about doing anything. Use your friends! and leave your house in a mess. It won't matter in the end what your house looked like and how much you didn't get done that you thought you should. Grab a good book, put your feet up, and relax. All will be well!

Halfmoon Girl said...

Wow- that is scary. I had an emergency situation with my 3rd- started leaking amniotic fluid at 28 weeks- not good. I was airlifted out to a larger hospital right away as they expected me to give birth within 24 hours. I lived in the Big City for 6 weeks without going into labour (on bed rest), so I was induced at 34 weeks to prevent infection. God was so faithful and answered our prayers! Will be praying for a safe delivery! Take care of yourself. I know how hard that can be- I was on bedrest with my fourth too. Let us know how you are doing.