Life Learning

In this hot weather, we've been gravitating towards water.
.
At our local lake, we happened upon...
.
thousands of tadpoles!


We must have picked the perfect time to be there. There were frogs in all different stages: some were swimming as tadpoles, some had back legs and a tail, some had front legs and a tail, some had a mini tail and all of their legs and some had completely finished growing into frogs. It was like watching the whole process without the wait!

Lessons about the Lord's creation just happening around us are always welcome - no prep work for me, but hugely fascinating to the children.




6 comments:

Blended in Texas said...

My boys love catching tadpoles!

Thanks for thinking of me- I appreciate it. Also- to tell you the truth- life with four really isn't any different than life with three. 3 was a much bigger adjustment.

Hope you're doing well! Congrats on having another boy! Boys are great! =)

Tereza said...

we've bee at the lake too but no tadpoles here:) How fun for your little ones!

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh my goodness, tadpoles! My daughter would love that! Have fun!
Carrie

Mummy McTavish said...

That's a wonderful lesson! We found tadpoles in our wheelbarrow after some rain but it also had mosquito wrigglers. Legally we have to tip out the wrigglers so we rescued as many tadpoles as we could but unfortunately it was a bit too much for them and they didn't survive... I was so looking forward to a lesson like this! And that water looks so crystal clear, I love it!

Anonymous said...

I have to say I am not a fan of the little guys this time of year...just wait a few more weeks and go back and the shore will be actually hopping. Kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies.

See you in a week or so.
Andrea

Canadagirl said...

Ohhh all of a sudden you put a whack of posts up and I didn't know. This is sooooooo wonderful ! Not all homeschool kids get this up close and personal. You are very blessed !

In Him<><
-Mary