Loss

A sob catches in my throat as you talk.

I look at my life - knowing how much I love it, knowing how perfect it feels. I sit wondering why I am so blessed when others are not.

My friend, thank you for sharing your story. A story of heartwrenching pain. Of the perfectly happy family, so similar to mine. Of your precious child becoming so ill - and then leaving this world far too early. Of your husband following shortly after.

I ache inside just listenening and silently wonder how in the world you ever got through it. Did you scream out to God? Were there days when you just couldn't drag yourself out of bed? How could you possibly comfort your other children when you were aching so? Did you just want to gather up what was left of your family and never let them go?

I will pray for you.

I will be so very thankful for what I have - not take it for granted.

I will show my husband all the love that I feel for him.

I will hold my children tightly and show them a mommy that loves them so.

I will thank Jesus for your willingness to share with me.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well written.

-Bobbie

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Beautiful.

I am crying now. That's for the reminder to pray for others and give thanks and praise for what I have.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Ruby Red Slippers said...

How heart breaking!
What a good reminder to be thankful to God for what we have today...

Anonymous said...

We must always be thankful for what we have and not so much of what we do not. Things could always be worse. You are very thoughtful and a great daughter love mom