No Snow, Not Yet!

I woke up yesterday to the children dancing around and singing something about it snowing. Indeed it was.

They were so excited!

I was not!

I always say that I wasn't meant to be born in this country. I tolerate the winters to 'get to the good stuff'.

Thankfully, the snow didn't last long enough to get to the ground. It's not here to stay yet, but here are some pictures of this summer to look back at wistfully while winter looms...


That's me driving - all big & pregnant.


Isn't this the way all children travel?



My dad, my brother and Dwayne are throwing rocks across the river. I tried and tried to get them in sync, but when the competetive testosterone is flowing, it's hard to get any cooperation...
.

Kobe rode with my Dad all day - you just couldn't tear him away.


This guy still makes my heart leap...

Aiy, aiy, aiy - I have a love-hate relationship with pregnancy pictures. I want to have them so I can remember, but it is painful looking at all that largeness!



I'm going to pretend I didn't hear Kobe say, "Let's go snowmobiling!" yesterday and enjoy the rest of Autumn before the white stuff comes to stay.


10 comments:

Becky said...

You will be so glad to have those pregnancy pictures! I know at the time, I forced myself to take them...but I am so thankful I have them. And 20..30 years from now I'm sure they will seem even more priceless.

It is October, don't worry! Still Fall:) November is coming quick though. But by then you will be snuggled up with a newborn so snow won't bother you too much:)

Journeying Five said...

we had snow on the ground this morning and it is all gone now! thankfully! what kind of craption is that? is it yours?

Journeying Five said...

Craption? I mean the picture of the ranger polaris outdoor vehicle that has outside seating for the children. Too cool...have never seen before!

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

It's great fun! C'mon out...we'll take you mudding!

Kristin said...

SNOW! Not already. Still 90 plus down here in Florida.

Adriana said...

Wow! You live in a beautiful place. I love the pictures!

Tati said...

What fun pictures! Love how your family has fun!! It is beautiful

Jen said...

Guy stuff---I love it!

Keep taking those pictures of yourself, even if it is painful, you will cherish them later.

Mary @Raising 4 Godly Men said...

Your snow must have happened the same time ours did. We had to pick apples for 7 hours that day. ((ughhh)) But my 2ds and my hubby's cousin is taking a lot of the apples to the juicing press today. I can't wait to taste it tonight. You amaze me getting in that vehicle pregnate. I sure wished I could figure out where in BC you live. It is very pretty there.

Sending you blessings and ((HUGS))
In Him<><
-Mary

Mummy McTavish said...

That pregnant picture is CUTE. It's not largeness it's a baby sustaining body... perfect for growing a healthy new life!

It all looks like so much fun. We are just coming to Summer and I am thinking that Winter should stay longer... though I would hazzard a guess that our winter is more like the hottest days of your summer :)