Self-Discipline

I am having some issues with self-discipline. I have realized that if I am to accomplish all that I want to in a day, I need to use those small moments - those little chunks of time that are easy to waste away, but add up. I'm talking about while the children are finishing up lunch or switching the children from one task to the next. I am also talking about that 10 minutes before you leave for an appointment. If I use these moments, I will be adding time to my day that I didn't even know I had.



I also need to be careful with interruptions: answering the phone in the middle of something and talking for 15 minutes, checking my email, searching for things that are not in their place. My life is going to get busier when the baby comes and I need to get some of these self-discipline issues worked out now.



Any other suggestions? How do you use up those small moments?

3 comments:

Bobbie-Jo said...

I know I need to work on starting a task, even if I don't think I have time to finish it. At least half the dishes will be clean, and I'll be motivated to do the rest when I can. Also, keeping "on task", like right now. It is A's bedtime, but I think "5 minutes to comment on a post is quick." But like you said, small chunks of time add up.

"Night!

Anonymous said...

It is just a fact of life - too much to do and not enough time. It's like too much month at the end of the money. Don't sweat the small stuff. What gets done, gets done. The rest will still be there tomorrow!

Halfmoon Girl said...

I agree with the previous comment. It is great to be efficient, but at the same time, you will never get it all done. That is what I find anyways. It is easy to fritter away time though. I get up early for personal Bible time and exercise. It feels good to start my day that way. It was harder when I had new borns though. The phone can be a real time waster, can't it?