Aaarrrgggh...I'm An Ogre!

I waited until today to tell the children that Halloween was coming. We hadn't decided if we were going to join in on anything 'Halloween' this year. We decided to participate, including some activities we haven't adopted in other years. Here's how our day played out...

We prayed throughout the day for our thoughts to turn towards Him today.

We prayed for the families in our community that would be participating.

We handed out candy.

We carved a pumpkin - from our garden.

We dressed up.



We went trick or treating with the children saying, "Aaarrrgh...I'm an ogre!" at every stop.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nice Halloween tradition to start. You constantly surprise me. Love to all. Take care of yourselves and each other. Grandma margaret & Peter from California.

Bobbie-Jo said...

You have some authentic looking Shreks there!

4funboys said...

not a big Halloween fan myself... but at least when the boys were little-- I could dress them up and take some cute pictures.

Now that they're "too old"... at the ripe ages of 7 to 11, I couldn't get any of them to dress up.

Renata said...

We don't do halloween over here - I like the way you did it - turning the focus to Jesus. Great pumpkin carving! Dressing up looks like fun!

Journeying Five said...

i was expecting you to be dressed as an ogre, that would be something! the boys look cute though.

Jackie said...

I LOVE your Jesus pumpkin! We don't usually carve pumpkins but if we ever do I want to do one like that.

Grace Acres said...

I love your pumpkin, we prefer doing those kinds of things too.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Yes, I'm still reading your blog!

Mortgage Burner with a HELOC