Pregnancy Update

I went to see the obstetrician.

Because of where we live and the complications I've had with my reproductive system and previous deliveries, the obstetrician thinks that I should live in the city (2 hours away) for the last two weeks before my due date.

This is a big deal.

I have three active boys, a husband that works here in town and a million things to do before the baby comes. Also, Kobe was 12 days overdue. If this one is that overdue, that means I'll be there for about a month!

Dwayne asked me how I felt about it and I was trying hard to hold back tears.

I am large, tired and can't physically manage the children on my own for that long. The older two are fine...potty-trained, not too many no temper tantrums, sleep well.

Zane is another story. He is so busy. Really busy. Does not sit still EVER busy.

Dwayne took one look at me and said, "I think I should keep Zane in town. He can go to Mrs. Z's when I'm at work and he and I will hang out after work."

My gut reaction was "NO!" I don't want to be away from him. I love him and want him right there with me. But after thinking it through, I think it's best. The two of them will have some great bonding time and the older children and I will get to enjoy some last-minute-before-baby-comes bonding too.

We will enjoy trips to the library, swimming lessons and some quiet time to prepare for babe.

And, who knows, maybe baby will be a little early.


10 comments:

an encourager said...

Ohhh... so hard to make those decisions. Praying that the time away goes reeeeeeaaaaaaaaly quickly!

Ruby Red Slippers said...

Those are some big decisions-You will make it through this!!!
:)

Nancy M. said...

Wow! That would be a hard thing to do! I hope that you won't have to stay there for too long!

Mummy McTavish said...

WOW, praying for you. I'm just about in tears for you here. You will manage and you will have great times with the big boys, and Zane will have times with daddy that he wouldnt have had otherwise.

Anonymous said...

I think the decision for Zane to stay at home while the others go with you is a good one. I know it's hard. I remember when my babies were born I stayed away from the family for a week or two and I really enjoyed the time for myself. However, I didn't get any alone time otherwise and I realize now how much I needed it. But we all survived and there were many, many good times. God bless and care for you all. Grandma Margaret from California.

Journeying Five said...

thinking of you, hope the transition is not too hard and your current babe loves his mommy and will be okay with dad for a while.

Mommy Mac said...

HI!!!

I am so glad you commented on my blog!

I, too, have a house of boys. Just 2 little guys and a husband, but to be considered queen, I like!

Good luck with all of the transitions have coming your way.

I know it will be uneasy at times, but before you know it,the hard part will be over and life will start transitioning again into the next phase of your family's life.

I also homeshcool my boys. They are 4 and 2 so preschool it is.

I am going to love checking in with you to see how life is treating you!

take care, sweet round bellied one.

.mac :)

Sandy said...

That must be very difficult for you! Who knows, maybe you will deliver early. Good luck!

Nicole said...

Wishing you an uneventful end to your pregnancy, with a healthy baby in your arms before you know it!

Mary @Raising 4 Godly Men said...

I am REALLY praying that your little guy decides to show up early. ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

I am sorry I have been absent in visiting. Life is soooooo full with harvesting, starting school, and getting ready for the Christmas Craft fair in late November. I would LOVE to go to Silverwood with you all. Email and we can exchange phone # if you want to chat sometime.

Blessings and ((HUGS)) my SSiC
In Him<><
-Mary