My Belly Is So, Well...Small

It's been a rough go for me this pregnancy.

I got very large, very quickly.

Worse than the heartburn and the charlie horses were the dizziness, feeling faint and not being able to breathe.

The last month has been particularly challenging, as even climbing the stairs required a short sit after. I don't have time to sit - I have 3 little boys!

I was feeling a bit down. I didn't want to feel like I was wishing away two full months of my life. I want to savour the rest of this pregnancy - it will likely be my last. I want to enjoy this time with my other children. I want to have energy to be the Mom I usually am.

Then it happened on Monday. The baby dropped. Substantially.

My belly looks and measures much smaller, my heartburn is much less and ... drumroll ... I can breathe!

My doctor isn't sure what the baby dropping this early might mean, but for now, I'll take it!

C'mon boys, let's go have some fun!


9 comments:

an encourager said...

I'm glad that baby is now giving you some breathing room...and fun with the boys! :)

Anonymous said...

I am pleased that you are more comfortable and can "breathe" again. I was a bit worried about you after talking to you the last time. Have fun with your boys and take care. God bless you all.

Becky said...

That is the most frustrating thing about being pregnant - not being able to keep up with the other little ones. I feel as though this whole summer has been a waste because I've been too tired to do anything really fun with them. Next summer (hopefully) will be much better and we can do more. Aren't you so excited to have FOUR boys??? I know I am!

Becky said...

That always felt SO GREAT when the baby dropped! UGh! To breath again!

Hang in there! You are almost there!

Journeying Five said...

glad you found some relief...when i read the title i thought maybe you meant something else...would have been good to see you. we were in and out overnight.

Ruby Red Slippers said...

This is exciting news-and glad you can breathe again!!!

Nancy M. said...

I'm glad to hear you're feeling better! Hopefully the baby will hang in there for a while longer!

Mary @Raising 4 Godly Men said...

What a blessing to feel better ! ((hugs)) I pray that you continue to feel better in the last stretch.

Blessings and ((HUGS))

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I hear you... I never could breathe when I was pregnant. I am short and the baby had no where to go. Glad you are feeling better!

Mrs. Nurse Boy