Sometimes You Just Need A Hero

He came home from work for a couple of minutes - just long enough to pick something up.

When he entered the house, he saw her crying on the couch.

He went over, gave her a hug and asked what was wrong.

She didn't answer, just cried harder.

He could hear his youngest crying from upstairs and asked where the children were.

Between sobs, she said, "In their rooms. In timeout."He asked what was wrong.Her response? "I'm just so tired. They won't listen. They have too much energy. I can't keep up. And *sob, sniff* the last one's not even here yet." And it was only 9:30am.

Yep...that's the scene that played out in our home yesterday.

It was one of those mornings. You know the ones - where they all seem to get together and plan how to drive Mama crazy. How to make her so very exhausted she can't even think. And they must know that there is a crazy-point that she can't control her pregnancy hormones one second longer and the waterworks will come bursting like a dam.

The sobbing/praying fiasco was soon finished. My Superman got all of us back on track and the rest of the day went well. I guess I just needed a time out and a hero.



9 comments:

Becky said...

That is why you two were matched by God and so blessed to partners in this life:)

I feel the same way about my best friend, my husband, my hero:)

(hang in there....we Mama's all have days like these)

Anonymous said...

You're so lucky to have such a hubby!! He's definitely a "keeper". Love you all.

Tarasview said...

Yep, sometimes we definitely just need a hero!!

Wolf McTavish said...

HUG HUG HUG!!! I think the hardest thing I found on those days was/is that I knew without the hormones I could be right on top of it (or at least more on top of it than I was)! Those hormones are there for your baby though so it's taking the good with the bad and keeping that superhero close :) Thank God for SuperHubby... and a Super GOD!!

Mummy McTavish said...

Okay, Wolf logged me out... that last comment was ME!

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Ah, yes. I sure have been there. Sometimes we forget that pregnancy is hard on the hubbies, too. We can't control the hormones and they have to deal with them. I was a hormonal mess with my last pregnancy.

So glad you have a hero to support you and soon enough you will have a precious little baby in your arms!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Journeying Five said...

and sometimes we can be our own worst enemy! take it easy and enjoy that hero of yours!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't God just send us the most magnificent husbands! You are a blessed woman! I have found crying is the closet is a good way to get my emotions out-kind of LOL. They don't know where you are, no ones knocking on the door, and you can just vent to your hearts content. Of course, it's wonderful when Prince Charming pulls you out and hugs you till you feel better!

Just remember, for every low there is an equal high. It sounds like you're due one!

Jackie said...

Oh, we ALL need a superhero to come and rescue us sometimes. I know when I'm in an emotional meltdown sometimes I just need my hubby to come in and make things better. You've got a man worth hanging on to! :)

Only 38 more days! I knew it was getting close so I had to pop in and see how you're doing.