Dylan is 6

How does having two under-6-month-olds, two 2-year-olds, two 4-year-olds, two 5-year-olds and two 6-year-olds sound? I guess that depends upon your perspective. To my little birthday boy, it sounded f-u-n! Today was Dylan's 6th birthday. We went with a 4X4 theme.

The cake was a racetrack of sorts, complete with a dirt road (oreo cookie crumbs & licorice to line it), grass (green-dyed coconut), mudholes (chocolate pudding), a 'slippery' sign and little matchbox trucks, cars and tractors.

This was as soon as I announce that everyone could choose a car to take home!


There was a game of 'racetrack'. This meant running around to different stations in the house, pretending to be 4X4s. The louder the better. There was a carwash (spray bottle of water run by one of the parents), a tunnel, a flat tire (letting the air go crazily out of a balloon) and a gas refill (juiceboxes)! The children had a blast and the grandparents needed a nap afterwards! Me? I just needed a vaccuum cleaner to follow all of the chocolate-cake-crumbed trail around.

Driving their 4X4s in the cake!

1 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails said...

Oh my goodness I HAVE GOT TO keep coming to your blog... not only do you have 3 boys (like me), Love the Lord, but you do Awesome truck cakes!!! (My Hayden had a monster truck one almost like this one for his past 3rd b-day)