Opposites Attract?



Bobbie is my childhood friend. She was married 12 years ago to her polar opposite...

Bobbie -
Dresses modestly, very conservatively. She wears long dresses (her mother-in-laws hand-me-downs are truly her favourites).
Rod -
I heard through the grapevine that his neighbor hollered across the street and told him to put his shirt on while shoveling the snow this past Sunday morning.
...
Bobbie -
She's starting to get very 'green' around her home. No detergent, no shampoo, no disposable toilet paper.
Rod -
He has a yard (and a driveway) full of gas-guzzling toys.
...
Bobbie -
She's trying to be health-conscious in their eating. She bakes everything with whole-wheat flour (even cinnamon buns!). *gag*
Rod -
His favourite food (even above steak or seafood) is Kraft Dinner Macaroni & Cheese. Next would be licorice, jube jubes and potato chips.
...
Bobbie -
Can you say 'introvert'? She definitely gets her energy by being alone.
Rod -
Rarely will you meet a social-butterfly of this caliber. He bounces from one social setting to the next. Alldaylong.
...
What do you do when you marry your opposite?
Well, mostly you celebrate your differences and enjoy your complimentary personalities.
...
When you get tired of that, you go to a Christmas party where the hosts pulls out the Wii at 1am and you pull out a big can of whoop*ss on your husband on the boxing game.
...
(I'm so sorry I don't have pictures! It's truly a travesty. All I can say is that it was way worth staying out until 2:30 for - even for a mom of three young boys!)
...

5 comments:

Bobbie-Jo said...

That was sweet. Just the pick-me-up I needed. :)

Katrina said...

That was really neat... it was nice to get to know Bobbie-Jo better this way and now I found your blog! I'm a "queen to my 3 boys" as well. :o)
I'll stop by again, soon!

Renata said...

It's interesting hearing about Bobbie-Jo through your eyes! I think it's lovely that you are such good friends & have been since childhood!

The dB family said...

Lol! I've been known to make cinnamon buns with whole wheat too. Way to go Bobbie-Jo!

It is very special that you have been friends for so long. What a fun post!

Kimmie said...

I love Bobbie-Jo, how blessed you are to have her for a face to face friend. How wonderful that the Lord has deposited you into each other's lives for the long haul...I'd say blessed indeed.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted