It's All Real Life

The other day I was ignoring the laundry, wandering around blogworld. Just before I realized that I was sufficiently lost in blogworld, I saw something called 'It's All Real Life'. It looked neat so I thought I'd give it a whirl - we all need to be a little more 'real' instead of only showing ourselves under the best of circumstances. After all, it seems that vulnerability breeds vulnerability.

I wrote down the requirements, but didn't write down the blog it was from. If anyone knows who started it, please tell me. That way I can link them and give them sufficient credit!

Okay...take pictures of the following:

~ Your Fridge
~ A Closet
~ Kitchen Sink
~ Toilet
~ Your Favourite Shoes
~ Your Favourite Room
~ What The Children Are Doing Right Now
~ Your Laundry
~ Self-Portrait

You can put a little comment about each. No prep or cleaning first...no cheating! Be real.

Okay, here it goes...

My Fridge


My Closet
I didn't realize how hard it is to take pictures of your closet. It is hard to get a full picture, so I took two. I was surprised at how much messier it looks in pictures!
My Kitchen Sink

My Toilet


My Favourite Shoes
These shoes are nothing fancy, but they make the best footprints in a touch of fresh snow! See the flowers on the bottom...


My Favourite Room
This is our master bedroom. Dwayne designed it to be our own little oasis. There is a tray ceiling and he put the jacuzzi tub right in our room instead of the ensuite. That way, we can bath together or if only I wanted to bath, he could visit with me while lying in bed. We still have some finishing left to do, like the tile steps up to the tub, but it is coming along. Soon it will feel like our private hotel suite - without the bed being slept in by thousands of other people!


What My Children Are Doing Right Now
Lego! The baby is sleeping, but you know the rule...never wake a sleeping baby...even when taking his picture.
My Laundry
Which Stage?

In the basket...

In the machine...

Unfolded on the couch...

Notice, there are no pictures of the folded laundry. That's because I'm blogging. Grrr...

Self-Portrait
There you have it - my real life. Your turn! To anybody who reads my blog, consider yourself tagged.

8 comments:

Renata said...

Your home is really lovely - & tidy!
Thanks for opening your life to us - I think you guys are doing a great job on your bedroom - it looks inviting & comfy!
Renata :)

Jackie said...

Oooh! I love the idea of the jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. I'll have to remember that for my dream house. :)
If you're interested, I think the site that hosts this is http://farmfreshiowa.blogspot.com/.Looks like she does it every week.

Bobbie-Jo said...

I'm in ... as soon as I get back from camping. That'll be nice. At least you can't smell real life on a blog!

Tarasview said...

You keep your house incredibly tidy! Wow.

I sent some thank-you linky love to you today at http://tarasviewoftheworld.blogspot.com/2008/06/catching-up.html

raising4boys said...

There will always be laundary! Mine is folded (I did that while talking on the phone last night)but still in the baskets in the Front room.

Great master bedroom. I like the keeping it real posts and it's fun to see pictures that go along with it.

4funboys said...

I had fun doing this one too...

loved seeing your pix!

3boys247 said...

Wasn't that fun. Don't forget, there is another one today!

Anonymous said...

i really enjoyed this, i'm too exhausted to do it but i loved it. and your house is way cleaner than mine