Potty Training

Zane (21 months) has shown a recent interest in potty training. I'm not sure if I'm on board or not. Kobe did the same thing at the same age.

Because he was leading it, I thought it might be easy.

It was NOT!

A year and a half later, he was finally trained.

All of this reminds me of when Dylan was little...

I was pouring him a bath and he was standing naked outside the tub. He started to pee on his foot.

He felt it, looked down, smiled, looked at me, looked down again. He didn't know he was controlling it.

After the pee stopped, he tried in vain to make it happen again.

It must be true that they really don't have any control until they're ready.

So, here's the deal with Zane: If he's serious, I'm in. If he's piddling (ha!) around, he'll have to wait until he's ready-ready.



7 comments:

Becky said...

Interested in seeing how it goes with your little one. Mine is also almost 21 months and my mom insists they are ready at that age, although my older two weren't trained until about 2 1/2.

Do you have a toddler urinal? We do, so I'm interested in seeing if he wants to try to go in that.

Bobbie-Jo said...

So ... are you just gonna ask him if he's ready-ready, or what? :):)

Anonymous said...

Hello:
One thing about girls is that I found them easier to potty-train. I canceled my other 2 blogs and set up a new one - http://grandmamargaretaleman@blogspot.com. I did it today and am hoping(???) to keep it up better.

Unknown said...

another momma with all boys! i have 4 boys ~ i really love it! your kiddos are cute ... i bet they keep you busy!
http://lynchfamily5.blogspot.com

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

Surrounded - No, I don't have a toddler urinal. Just a plain, ol' kiddie's potty.

Bobbie - Smart aleck.

Grandma - I'll stick with boys thankyouverymuch! *grin*

Ashley - Thanks for stopping by. I'll be over to meet you shortly.

Mummy McTavish said...

Oh no, WAIT. Beg for him to not be ready-ready. Dealing with the 'needs' of a potty training kid while you are rather pregnant is not fun at all! Still, I get 4 days off the PTing this week while I'm in hospital, that wouldnt happen any other time...

Mary @Raising 4 Godly Men said...

I have to admit that potty training was one of my least favorite thing of parenthood. I pray many blessings on the training.

((HUGS))