Fun & Fancy Free

When I'm by myself and get into my truck, something inside of me changes. I put my sunglasses on, crank the music and singitloudbaby! It doesn't need to be a long trip - maybe only 5kms. I just have a sense of freedom...a sense of youth... a carefree sense of no responsibilities.

I know I hit 30 this year - I know! - but sometimes I still feel so young. Despite the bags that have taken up permanent residence under my eyes, the grey hairs popping up here & there, the waistline that reflects 3 children in a 'shortish' period of time, I still feel like I'm 20. I'm married (for 10 years), I have 4 years of university, I was an accountant, we have investments, but still, I feel like I'm playing grownup.

I remember when Dylan (6) was just a few days old. I was sitting on my parents' couch holding him, thinking, "I wonder when your parents will be here to pick you up." I mean, no one in their right mind would leave a little baby with me forever...would they?

Is it because I am still so terribly in love with my hubby? Is it because I've known him forever and we were so very young when we started dating? Is that why I still feel like a teenager? I don't know.

Anyways...next time you're in Small Town Canada, watch for me. If my husband and children aren't with me, I'll be the old gal dancing and singing while driving my big ol' grownup vehicle. Oh, and give me a wave so I know you don't think I'm completely crazy! *grin*


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how you feel like you're playing grown-up! I have the same feeling sometimes. you crank that music up and sing as loud as you can. I'll be the other 'old' girl in Australia doing the same thing!

Grace Acres said...

I think we all have these moments we just try to hide it, but I am glad you feel young because you are and still having fun.

Anonymous said...

Amy you won't believe it but I still often feel the same way love mom

Anonymous said...

And so do I, and I thought it was only me that was crazy like that.
Love Grandma M.argaret from California

Jackie said...

I am so with you, girl...I think I will forever feel like I am about 19. :) And maybe that's why I'm so surprised when I glance in the mirror and think, Oh my...who's that 31-year-old?

Just keep on singin' it loud!

Renata said...

Oh - I hope your fun is contagious, because I want to catch some of what you've got!
I often still wonder why God would trust me with 4 of his beautiful children!

Anonymous said...

music is definitly mood-altering.... good or bad...

Bobbie-Jo said...

Oh, I'll be wavin' all right!