The Mud Bogs

Off we went to watch the mud bogs. A friend was participating in them and we thought the boys would like it. I had no idea what to expect. I mean n-o-n-e. I packed splashpants & rubber boots for the children. Dwayne packed his rain jacket and rubber boots. I packed my rubber boots. I turned out that there were seats to watch from & none of us even got muddy. Ya never know!

Surprisingly, I had fun! I knew Dwayne & the children would enjoy it, but as for me, I was skeptical.

It started out with these babies...




They were fast. They were loud. The children covered their ears and I covered Zane's. Us adults didn't cover ours and spent the rest of the day saying, "What?", "Huh?", "Pardon me?".

I loved every second of the demolition derby...

We each chose a car to bet on. That beautiful, red, station-wagon beast was Bobbie's choice. It won, hands-down. It didn't look much worse at the end than it did when it started.
Here is her mischevious little smile as she was watching her car open a little can o' whoop-*ss...


...and everybody thinks she's so innocent! *wink*

Our husbands were discussing entering the wives into next year's demolition derby. I'm totally in! Bobbie thought she'd be too scared, but I know she'd go way up on the Cool Mom List!


At one point, I looked down the stands and saw a whole row of children doing their own monster-truck thing. There's just something about little guys, some dirt and trucks!



Our friend, Dennis, just couldn't wait for the snow. I guess little guys loving to get dirty just turn into big guys loving to get dirty.


1 comments:

Blended in Texas said...

My boys would love something like that...me? Well... I'd endure it. ;)