Lollipop, Lollipop...





When we were at the park playing, a man came along cleaning up garbage. At first I thought he was a 'city worker' but soon realized he was collecting the garbage for himself.

The man was talking along to himself and every once in a while would start talking to us. Of course, it was in Spanish and he was mumbling, so I didn't have a clue what he was saying. He was walking near Kobe when he saw a discarded lollipop on the ground, bent over, picked it up and popped it in his mouth.

Kobe stared. And stared. And stared.


Then the man came over and offered it to him. I freaked out inside, just knowing the temptation of the lollipop would overcome Kobe and he'd pop it in his mouth smiled nicely and shook my head to the man.

The look Kobe gave me told me that he had really wanted it. I quietly said that we would look for a treat when we got home.

Just another story to add to the list of things that the children and I have just not witnessed before...



1 comments:

Mummy McTavish said...

Oh Yuck. That is really gross.