Getting More Organized?

Okay, we are finally getting back into the swing of things around here. Since having our third child, I have a new definition of b-u-s-y. To those reading that have more children, you are probably having yourselves a little chuckle...but it is very busy for me. I have worked out a pretty good routine and am keeping up on everything that I want to. This is a HUGE accomplishment for me, as I am not naturally organized or self-disciplined - it takes much energy and focus for me.

The mornings are busy with morning devotions, getting ready, eating breakfast, school lessons, feeding the baby, changing the baby, rocking the baby, potty-training Kobe, outside time for the children and making lunch. The afternoons are busy with naps (sometimes a short one for me too), quiet time with Dylan, housework, feeding the baby, changing the baby, rocking the baby, preparing dinner, hockey, etc. Oh, and of course, laundry...all day...everyday, it seems. Where does all this laundry come from?!?!

My days feel really busy but relaxed at the same time. Relaxed?? Yes, but only because I am exerting as much self-discipline as I can and getting things done before they absolutely NEED to be done. There are two other things that may seem simple and silly, but are helping lots. The first is this and the next is this.

How are all of you getting back into the after-Christmas groove?

3 comments:

Blended in Texas said...

Nope, I don't think your nuts for thinking your life is super busy. I only (ha,ha...) have three children and my life is crazy too! Sometimes I can't imagine ever having any more (children that is...), but I know we probably will someday- just hopefully not anytime soon. =P I so know where you are coming from with the laundry! I can never keep on top of it. I seriously think it doubles every time you add a new child to the family.

Renae said...

Because you just don't have enough to do, I've tagged you. Play along if you'd like.

Renae

Bobbie-Jo said...

What about coffee? Can you really say you started the day without coffee?!

You have been busy, and I miss our phone chats, although we have been getting tons done since Christmas, too.