How We Spent Our Morning...

It is Kobe's 2nd birthday in a few days and we are having his party tomorrow. He is in love with John Deere tractors, so I thought I'd try to make him a JD cake. Every other year I've made cakes for the children, I have had a special-shaped pan & some instructions. This year - nada! (Now keep in mind, I am not artistic. Not.at.all. I am an Accountant, for crying-out-loud. I do numbers and pay attention to detail. Not arsty.) I had Kobe's remote control tractor as a sample and here is what came of it...








All things considered, I think it turned out well. And, he's 2, so he'll never know the difference! At least I can tell him I put much love into it!

14 comments:

Tami said...

The cake turned out great. I bet he will have a great party.

Tarasview said...

I am very impressed!

Laura Paxton said...

Very good job, mom! I AM artsy, and I have never been able to do something like that.

Cellista said...

That's an awesome cake. Good job!!

heidi @ ggip said...

That's a really great cake! Thanks for showing us the process too.

Anyhow, Hi! I'm around visiting the blogs of people who entered my contest. Thanks for stopping by. I hope you feel welcome to visit again anytime.

Thanks for sharing on my blog how you started doing hockey. That sounds fun.

Nise' said...

You are a second chance winner of a Dove Chocolate Bar from my Bloggy Giveaway! Check your email for one from me! Thank you for entering.

Nise' said...

Don't see your email address so please email me at nisethusfar(at)yahoo(dot)com. Thanks.

Renae said...

It's so great! Good job mama!

Anonymous said...

G' Day! Greetings from The Land Down Under! I stopped by your blog today to say "thanks" for participating in my Bloggy Giveaway! Tomorrow I will post the winner.

I like the cake! Great job!

annette said...

Amy you did a great job on your cake... I started a blog you and bobbi are my insperation. " All about me & my wee ones and my man" this is annette by the way..

annette said...

oops it is " its all about me & my wee people and my man !!"

Anonymous said...

You are a mommy of many talents. That cake looks great!

Daisy said...

That cake is terrific! My son's 6th birthday is tomorrow. I've got to figure out a transformer cake in the morning. LOL.

Mom2BnB said...

Good job on the cake girl!